Sunday 5 November 2023

Photos Of Roxy The Fox, Whose Life I Observed For 8 Months

Every night I spent sitting at the window of my cottage house in the middle of the forest, and I observed the life of the foxes. One of them was braver. The vixen would appear after dusk, circle it for an hour and a half, and appear in the yard several times. I took the exposure remotely to capture interesting, covert, never-before-seen behavior. We built a distant, but subtle relationship, something hard to describe, and I named her Roxy. She always surprised me, showing new sides of her personality and quick adaptation to the changes. Adjusting to the presence of a wild animal, I learned plenty about foxes and also about myself and humans in general. Lots of things that will hopefully change people's view that the fox is a pest.


Roxy In The Heavy Snowstorm

Roxy In The Heavy Snowstorm

Working exclusively at night allowed me to get creative with lighting. In some images, I used dramatic, studio-like lighting. In others, I balanced my flashes with ambient light. Working with such an appealing and unpredictable animal at night was both a great challenge and a wonderful opportunity to document the great story.

Little Sausage

Little Sausage


Roxy Drinking Water From The Small Plunge Pool

Roxy Drinking Water From The Small Plunge Pool

Peekaboo

Peekaboo

Through The Hole

Through The Hole

I'm a photographer, so the next day I put out the cameras to see her reaction. She smelled it, but it didn't bother her much. So from there, I started thinking about the scenes, and what should be photographed. Since I didn't know how long she would last, I was in a hurry to capture as many scenes from her life as possible. This and the pursuit of perfection created an addiction that lasted for 8 months. I stopped when I felt that I had accomplished all my ideas and captured everything I saw from her life.

Man And The Nature

Man And The Nature

Roxy And The Bird Feeder

Roxy And The Bird Feeder

Observation Point

Observation Point

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hack this